Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Here goes...

It's four hours till I leave the flat, nine hours till I leave the country. I’m packed, vaccinated and insured, the technology is charged and though I have yet to learn how to use my very new digital camera I’m sure twelve hours in economy is ample time to read the manual. If you only see text in this blog you’ll know it wasn’t…

I've been planning to do this for sooo long that I can't quite believe that I'm getting on a plane and going. Granted six months have become two and the world has become Asia and the Antipodes but I am actually taking flight. That last word is rather unsettling since I hate flying at the best of times but today I have the world's worst travelling companion, a severe cold. At least by the time I arrive I won't be able to hear myself coughing since my ears will have blown.

This journey started out as a memorial, to my Dad, and though it will still serve that purpose I hope in a way that it brings me to the end of that process of memory and helps me start on another, on a life beyond looking back. I'll know soon enough.

I don’t have time to write much more so I’ll return when I’ve landed in Bangkok, found my hotel and negotiated the first of many encounters with internet cafes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leerdammer said...

Well, although I'm going to miss you horribly, I hope you have a lovely journey!

14 September, 2005 06:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home